Buy Stocks, Sauces and Soups Tickets
In the Woodspeen kitchen we consider the secret to a great sauce, gravy or soup is the stocks. Stocks form the foundation of all great kitchens and add a depth of flavour to your dishes, this course teaches you to understand the importance of stock and how a sauce can impact your cooking. Once you have a great stock, fresh soups, sauces and risottos are quick and easy to make.
- Arrive at 9.45am for tea and coffee and course introduction
- During the morning we will be comparing fresh vs shop bought stock and we will be making mushroom nage, vegetable nage, fish stock and chicken stock
- Gathering ingredients fresh from our vegetable garden (where possible), we will use the stock to make a couple of seasonal soups
- Light lunch served on our terrace (weather permitting)
- The afternoon is all about making great sauces and risotto and the importance of building flavour
- Course comes to a close at 3pm for questions and answers
To take home: Woodspeen apron and cooking cloth. Sauces and stocks made on the day and course recipes and notes.
Spaces for this course are subject to minimum number of participants.