Buy Summer Stocks, Sauces and Soups Tickets
There are no tickets currently on sale for this event
If you'd like to be notified when more become available enter your email address below.
In the Woodspeen kitchen we consider the secret to a great sauce, gravy or soup is the stocks. Stocks form the foundation of all great kitchens and add a depth of flavour to your dishes, this course teaches you to understand the importance of stock and how a sauce can impact your cooking. Once you have a great stock, fresh soups, sauces and risottos are quick and easy to make.
- Arrive at 9.45am for tea and coffee and course introduction
- During the morning we will be comparing fresh vs shop bought stock and we will be making mushroom nage, vegetable nage, fish stock and chicken stock
- Gathering ingredients fresh from our vegetable garden (where possible), we will use the stock to make a couple of seasonal soups
- Light lunch served on our terrace (weather permitting)
- The afternoon is all about making great sauces and risotto and the importance of building flavour
- Course comes to a close at 3pm for questions and answers
To take home: Woodspeen apron and cooking cloth. Sauces and stocks made on the day and course recipes and notes.
Spaces for this course are subject to minimum number of participants.