Buy Butchery Tickets
Our butchery course is very hands on, we believe that a good understanding of traditional butchery skills give the cook an advantage for getting the most out of each cut. We’ll breakdown a pork carcass in front of the class, explaining the cuts as we go along and the best cooking method to use to maximise the most out of the cut. The day also covers stock, confits and stuffing, a must for anyone interested getting the most out of their meat cookery.
• Demonstrations and practical sessions butchering chicken, pork and beef
• Preparation of various meat dishes and stock
• Making your own black pudding
• Sausage and burger making
• Demonstration of boning a side of pork and uses of the joints with recipes for each joint.
• Cooking and tasting of different joints
•Arrival at 9.15am for tea and coffee and course introduction
•Enjoy lunch with some of the mornings dishes
•We will keep you refreshed with tea, coffee and mineral water throughout the day
•Finish course at 3.30pm with some of the day’s cooking to take home with you
To take away: Some of the food cooked on the day and all notes and recipes.
Spaces for this course are subject to minimum number of participants.